Step by step guidelines for preparing your application
1. Check the eligibility rules for Marie Skłodowska Curie Action (MSCA)
The doctoral candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting institution for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before their date of recruitment.
Applicants must not be already in possession of a doctoral degree at the date of the recruitment. Researchers who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will also not be considered eligible.
2. Doctoral candidates can apply to a maximum of 3 open positions within SPIDoc’s.
If applying to multiple positions, individual applications to each project can be provided.
Indicate on each application the preference choice, example: “PhD project 6 – first choice; PhD project 3 – second choice”.
NEW INFORMATION: if one application for multiple positions is provided, the preference choice should be indicated and all chosen PhD project numbers should be included in the subject of the email.
3. Before applying, consider these important points:
- all projects include 2 or 3 mandatory secondments to locations and durations as indicated in the project description.
- the projects will start ideally between 1st March – 1st April 2024.
4. Prepare documents for applications
Important: Only applications complete of all the required documents listed below will be considered.
Prepare the following documents and submit them as a single pdf file:
|Cover/Motivation letter||Indicate the motivation to work on the chosen project. If applying to multiple projects, indicate the motivation for each chosen project and the preferential choice (first, second, third). |
NEW INFORMATION: if multiple projects are selected, the motivation to work on the chosen projects can be specified, for each project, in one single motivation letter.
Recommended lenght: half page.
|Data privacy statement|
|Curriculum Vitae||Check on the pdf document below for the detailed description of what the Curriculum Vitae should include.|
Recommended lenght: three pages maximum.
|Academic transcripts||Certificates of conducted master, bachelor and diploma studies.|
|Certificate of English language proficiency test||if obtained; otherwise check the pdf document for more detailed description.|
|Certificate of extra-curricula course||if obtained.|
|One reference letter||Include the contact details of the referee: email address, phone number and address.|
|Contacts of 2 additional referees||Include professional email address, telephone number and work address.|
|“I heard of SPIDoc’s…”||Indicate how you learned about SPIDoc’s (colleagues, flyers, conferences, university website, LinkedIn, Euraxess jobs…)|
4. Check all documents – if your application is complete, then…apply!
- Assemble all application documents as a single pdf document
- Send the complete application documentation to email@example.com indicating the project number in the subject of the email, which should be as follow: “Application for PhD project [number of the project]”
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received.
You can download here the whole description of the documents required for the application 👇
Deadline for applications: 13.10.2023
Late applications will be considered if positions are not filled.
Do you have questions? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org